Wednesday 9 July 2008

A Sun's Love

About two weeks ago, we had a naming ceremony for Tobian. I wanted to share with you all a poem I wrote...

A Sun's Love
I thought I understood love,
Until you came into my world.
I thought I understood magic
Until our eyes met.

The Sun rising on the horizon,
Roses blooming everywhere.
Tears drop, tears into a smile,
The smile melting in my heart.

Your laughter stops my world,
Picking you up and holding you tight.
Is this enough? Never enough.
Love is infinite. Love has no concept of time.

In the west, the Sun setting,
A petal of rose blowing to the west.
Our eyes locked to the Sun holding together,
Tobian, you are my Sunshine nor day or night.


By Alex Jones
June 2008

3 comments:

KMP said...

The love of a child opens avenues of your heart previously marked as dead ends.

Gorgeous poem.

Welcome to the world Tobian!

Glinda said...

Alex, this is so beautiful. It's just what it is - the most precious gift n the world. And you'll still feel the same when he's 23 and driving you mad!

Lise said...

So glad you shared this as missed that part on the Naming Day...such a lovely day it was!!

Love for our kids is intense and amazing! I cannot imagine not having my two girls in my life!!