Sunday 12 October 2008

My Magic Has Been Violated!

This is quite amazing. According to YouTube, I have violated their guidelines with two of my clips that were uploaded on my channel. It's an exciting and scary time for me to experience this.

Two of my clips were uploaded on Thursday morning. Within hours, I received a SMS from my friend saying - "you should have shown more!!" (I played dumb...) And asked, what?? And apparently a large part of the Deaf community found out about these clips and everyone knew about it right away. It brought a smile on my face...thinking, it works. I have created a 3 series link of 'bath-episodes', a meaningful link to Eckhart Tolle's book 'A New Earth'. On Saturday, I received an email from YouTube, (see below) and they have removed my clips. I was told that these clips were reported and considered inappropriate. It was not sexual nor provocative. How was it being violated?? What did it violate?? It is very interesting to see how people have responded to these clips and BAM - I'm removed. My work of 'art' is being removed.

At today's BBQ, it sure did stir up some interesting conversation and is a current hot topic in the Deaf community. Did it work? Sure it did. Although I must admit, I wish it was on my channel much longer than that.

ATTENTION
The following video(s) from your account have been disabled for violation of the YouTube
Community Guidelines:
888DAG007-Setting Up The Bath - (TomDiggleHarry)
Your account has received one
Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the termination of your account.
For your reference, a copy of this message has also been emailed to the address associated with this account.

http://www.888dag.com/

5 comments:

schatzi said...

I didn't get to see your clips but hope you will show me next time we meet. Is it enough for just some people to be offended by a video for it to be removed? What about all those violent, racist or x-rated videos? I don't get it, but perhaps I need to see first!

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

Wow, that is interesting because it also happened to sydhappyguy and myself because of copyright infringement. The Clip we put up was very popular but the taken down. See
http://eyeoftheleopard.blogspot.com/2008/08/winner-is-sally-mclellan.html
I didn't see your clips, but I'm curious.

Madame Synesthesia said...

They took it down?! I can't believe it! I've seen some YouTube clips 'deemed inappropriate', which are still up on YouTube, but they have a 'Warning 18+ content' (or something like that) page that you have to click through to view the clip. Why didn't YouTube give you that option? And, also, I believe that the Miracle Mile has a video on their with nudity... and it's still on there! I'm confused :/

pommygran8 said...

I suppose the good part is that someone is checking....just in case any clip shows children bodies unclothed....I know a friend is not allowed to take photos of children playing team sports any more.....there are some odd people out there!

Lise said...

It is a shame it was short lived!! But the upside is it created a storm in the Deaf Community which I think is great!!! Publicity works!!! Grin! x